Christ Church Exhibition Information
What: A non-themed photo exhibit in a beautiful downtown venue.
Where: Christ Church Cathedral, 318 East Fourth Street (Fourth & Sycamore), Cincinnati, OH
When: The exhibit runs Friday, November 1, 2013 through Tuesday, December 17, 2013
Opening Reception: Friday, November 1, 2013 from 5-7 P.M.
- Each person may submit up to five (5) images for consideration. About 50 - 60 photos will be chosen by judges yet to be determined. Deadline for submission is September 22, 2013.
- There will be a $5.00 fee for each “selected entry” to defray OVCC expenses for reception costs and other miscellaneous expenses. Remaining funds will be donated to the cathedral, in appreciation for their hospitality!
- Selected images will be announced by midnight, September 26, 2013. Individuals will be notified which photos were selected via a group email announcement. You will need to inform us that you accept the offer to exhibit. Manner of this reply will be made known to you at the time of the announcement.
- Entry fees for selected works should be paid by check or money order, prior to the exhibit being hung, beginning September 26, 2013 and through November 1, 2013. Mail your payment in the appropriate amount, made out to Ohio Valley Camera Club, and send it to OVCC, c/o 5979 Wind Street, Cincinnati, OH 45227. Cash is not accepted unless paid in person.
- If you hav an image(s) selected for show, follow this link to fill out the online form for each photo selected for inclusion in the exhibit. (This link is only for selected images). You must do this in order for your work to be included in the show.
- Any sales of images will be managed directly between the artist and buyer.
- Selected works may be dropped off at the cathedral on Monday, October 28 or Tuesday, October 29, between 4:00 and 7:30 P.M.
- Unsold pieces must be picked up on Tuesday, December 17 or Wednesday, December 18 between 4:00 and 7:30 P.M. If you need to make other arrangements, please contact Connie, Fred, or Rick.
- All photos must have hanging hardware of some sort when delivered. (sawtooth hangers are acceptable) Attach a small label with your name and the title of the work and contact information somewhere on the back of each work.
SOME GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSIONS:
- Prints should framed, or on printed canvas wraps, or on some other finished medium, like metal, and ready to hang on the wall. No loose prints, or prints that have only mats. It is also would not recommended to simply put a print in a frame without matting it. Presentation means a lot if you want your work to sell.
- There is no set size--that is up to you. However, it is suggested that you not submit anything smaller than a 5x7 matted in an 8x10 frame. 11x14 and 16x24 prints are fairly common, and that is recommended, but you are the artist, so that is your call. Large prints and large panoramas do well.
- The dimensions that you put in the caption when you upload your image should be the outside dimensions of the entire piece. However, we realize that sometimes it will be hard to know the exact dimensions before it is printed and framed, so just be in the ball park with your dimensions and don't worry if they are incorrect.
HOW TO POST SUBMISSIONS:
- Please post your entries to the following website: http://ovcc2.smugmug.com
- Upload your photo without digital matting, framing or personal watermark. Images will be watermarked by the club during their stay on the SmugMug site. They will be viewable there only in large format and will have right click disabled.
- You do not have to upload large files to the site for consideration. Try to keep your file sizes reasonable. 1000 pixels on the long side is more than enough for consideration of acceptance. Your print is what you are selling, not the digital file. So, try and keep them under 8MB.
- Type the following information in the caption area for each image, exactly in the following form:
Your name, title of piece, type of medium, outside finished dimensions of the work, short description of the work (one phrase or sentence), general date taken (if known), price, and your contact information.
Constance Sanders, Heavenward, color film print on canvas, 16x24, Angel statue at Spring Grove Cemetery, 5/2009, $150,
It is essential that you enter all information requested when posting your images. Otherwise your photo will be removed.
For those not familiar with Smug Mug, you MUST log into the site, using the above info, in order to post. After you log in, a menu bar will appear. Click the upload button and browse to the Maple Knoll 2014 Gallery and upload your images. After you have uploaded your images, you will have to visit each individual image and at the bottom you will find the link "add caption" . This is where you fill in your image and contact information as outlined above. Don't forget to do this. Any image without contact info will not be considered.
If you are already a Smug Mug user, be sure to log out of your own account before trying to post in OVCC's Smug Mug account
If you have questions, please contact Connie (
) or Rick (
We look forward to another outstanding exhibit by OVCC members at this outstanding downtown Cincinnati venue!
Thank you Connie, for gaining your church's partnership for this exhibition!